Amendments of General Rules and Definitions (Part 1) specific for NAUCCThis discussion has an associated proposal. View Proposal Details here.
Comments about this discussion:
For the prior Feb 2016 USA Rulebook, we agreed to having a unique General Rules and Definitions (Part 1) specific to NAUCC (ie how NAUCC is organised and run) and accepted the IUF rules for each discipline (Part 2) with minimal changes. Unfortunately, with the reorganisation of the IUF Rulebook this year it doesn't look as if we easily perform the same wholesale 'cut and paste'. I believe that we should have a unique set of General Rules and Definitions specific to NAUCC and the USA? Do the other committee members have a similar opinion?
Mark is indeed correct that due to the reorg, a simple cut and paste of chapter 1 changes is not possible. However, over the past few days I have rather painstaking looked at how the 2016 USA Rulebook differed from the 2015 IUF Rulebook for Chapter 1, and then applied these differences to the 2017 IUF Rulebook as an illustration of what the 2017 USA Rulebook could look like for chapter 1. I was about submit this to the committee, so thanks to Mark for starting the discussion!
A summary of the differences between the USA and IUF Rulebook for chapter 1 follows:
- USA, USA Board, Unicycling Society of America, and NAUCC replace IUF, IUF Board, International Unicycling Federation, and Unicon wherever and whenever relevant.
- Section How the Rulebook is Updated: USA Rulebook updates follow the IUF Rulebook completion must be publicized no less than four months before the start day of the next NAUCC to be used there (with the exception of a USA Board vote).
- Section Nations Represented: Rules about how now North American competitors can participate at NAUCC.
- Section Required Events at Unicon/NAUCC: List the events required at NAUCC.
- Section Registration Forms (and Waiver): Add text "waiver absolving the USA board and its members from liability."
- Section Awards: Add stipulations about adding the USA logo, "Unicycling Society of America" or "NAUCC" to the awards, and requiring USA Board approval.
- Section Terminology: Remove bits about specific disciplines and Unicon.
- Section Definitions: Add USA: Unicycling Society of America, Inc to the definitions alongside the IUF.
Effectively, what I have done is merge the 2016 USA Rulebook Amendments with the 2017 IUF Rulebook for Chapter 1. I refer to this document as the 2017 USA Rulebook Amendments (proposed draft), and it is available here.
Alongside this, I have also created an automatically generated "difference" document between the 2017 IUF Rulebook and the 2017 USA Rulebook Amendments (proposed draft). This diff document is available as a PDF here. Note that because the changes are marked up automatically, this can sometimes result in odd or confusing markup. Refer to my summary of differences above if confused.
I like what Scott did.
Scott, I'm not sure if this is a unique issue, but I'm finding that the links that you provided in your post to the documents usa-rulebook-2017_draft.pdf and usa-rulebook-2017_draft-diff-2017_iuf.pdf on the IUF website do not work - I keep getting 'Page not found'. Could you please put the them in a more accessible location?
I apologize for the broken links. I'm not sure what happened there. They should both work now.
Sounds reasonable to me